Monday, September 10, 2007

The Audacity...













this open source software works in Linux and windows, but you already know this if you've received your new Ubuntu PC. It's one of the sound&vision programs we have available.)

I had to use Audacity for a class I took in grad school. A great editing tool for audio. You can record tracks via microphone and layer it over music, etc. Real cool. It was extremely easy to use and always a lot of fun to hear your own voice on a track.

As for podcasting, been there done that :)

Glenwood MS's media specialist has podcasts of booktalks on her site. She and a few students recorded themselves reviewing Black-eyed Susan nominees. What a great enticement for readers. And what a great application this would be for HCL!!!

Imagine
having podcasts of booktalks available on the website for students and teachers to hear. Imagine having book reviews of the newest releases. Talk about moving us into the 21st century.

Now, for podcast.net...not impressed. Hard to search for what I wanted to find. Podcast alley was easier. But still not worth the time of searching. I find it easier to get podcasts from websites that I am already familiar with, rather than searching for new ones. Not to mention, unless I'm doing it at home, I don't get a chance to listen to too much at work.

But if we had book review podcasts....:)

No comments: