Thing #22
I have used Overdrive and Netlibrary before, personally and at the info desk. Both patrons and other staff have asked me to explain them. I’m sure this “thing” will help a lot of us with the “complexities” of downloading audiobooks.
What I like most:
Overdrive has very large selection AND it has video. In fact, after watching AFI's 100 Greatest Movies show the other night, I realized that I'd never seen Buster Keaton's ”The General”. Low and behold, that was one of the videos offered. Of course I couldn't download it here at work - gotta wait 'til I get home. But I am eager to see I can upload it to my mp3 - the screen's not THAT small.:)
NetLibrary allows you to search by length of audio. When I searched for an "under 3 hours" ebook, came up with a great one. I'm sure it would be inappropriate to say what the title is....but let's just say that according to our catalog, it falls under the subject heading of truthfulness and falsehood.Should be an interesting if not educational listen....
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment