The YouTube phenomenon is incredible. Gone are the days of "if you weren't here, ya missed it". And links are all over the web. I posted a video in thing 17, but removed it because I found a few that were much better. Some of my best laughs, gasps and guffaws were from videos posted on YouTube. Apparently some people have too much time on their hands (search YouTube for "Chocolate Rain" or "Drama Prairie Dog").
Coincidently, as I was creating this post, a friend sent a link to a CNN news story that highlighted YouTube, well actually the segment was about Beyonce doing a Chevy Chase/Gerald Ford impression at a show in Orlando, but video was taken by a person in the audience with a cell phone and posted to YouTube, even after the star herself pleaded with them not to post it.
Beyonce falls
But my favorite thing about YouTube is the ability to see things that you haven't seen in years. Looking for a favorite commercial (Real Men of Genius comes to mind) you can find it. Looking for a favorite 70's television show, see clips of things you grew up with. Dating myself here, my personal favorites growing up near NYC were The Electric Company and The Magic Garden.
Enjoy the hokiness that was the 70's
Friday, September 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH..MY..GAWD!!!! Electric Company is AWESOME!!!! And did you know that HCL now has "The Electric Company's greatest hits & bits the public television retrospective"?
I think I need to find some plaid pants, now!
I used to love the Electric Company. However, it was always on at dinner time and I couldn't watch it. Heartbreaking, I know. Darn parents and their family values.
Post a Comment